This is one of our class 0 synthetic fire retardant fabrics; with this specification it can resist a fire from spreading, particularly over the outer walls of high-rise buildings.
It is a 100% Polypropylene nonwoven fabric, making it strong but also lightweight.
A great budget fabric for covering unsightly areas, wall coverings, use on ceilings, stage backdrops.
This fabric can be useful in many different ways:
- Furniture trade
- Carpet Making
- Ideal for lightweight curtains with great thermal properties, blocking out drafts.
- Stage sets
- Exhibition stands
- School halls, colleges, universities
- Partition areas
- Medical Trade (face masks)
Excellent weed control properties, ideal material for gardeners as a weed membrane.
This fabric is Fire retardant to British Standards BS5852 (1979).
This material was tested according to BS5852: Part 1 : 1979 Methods of test for the ignitability by smokers, materials of upholstered composites for seating.
It is ideal to use non-flammable fabrics like this one in a building as it:
- Slows down the flame, or even causes the fire to self-extinguish, therefore limiting the spread
- Minimises the build up of heat which again will prevent the fire rapidly developing
Available in black or white.